Famous Sayings of Socrates
Socrates was a famous philosopher in ancient Greece. He was famous for his teachings and for the way he died. He was also famous for what he said. These are some of his famous sayings:
- The unexamined life is not worth living.
- All I know is that I know nothing.
- Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
- Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.
- Could I climb to the highest place in Athens, I would lift my voice and proclaim, "Fellow citizens, why do you turn and scrape every stone to gather wealth and take so little care of your children to who one day you must relinquish it all."
- False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is a habit.
- Wisdom begins in wonder.
- Be of good cheer about death and know this as a truth, that no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death.
on this site
Sites for Teachers