Want vs. Need: Basic Economics
Part 2: More and a Quiz
Another example is liquid. Your body has to have liquid to survive. Water is a good liquid to drink because it keeps you healthy. Milk and fruit juice are also good because they give you vitamins and minerals your body needs without giving you the fat and excess sugar found in cola. Still, cola tastes good. Drink a Pepsi or Coke or Mountain Dew or Sprite and you feel good because it tastes good. But you don't need that cola to survive.
See the difference between need and want?
Now let's see how you do on a little need-want quiz:
1) Is a house a want or a need?
2) Is a car a want or a need?
3) What about a CD player? Want or need?
4) How about medicine? Want or need?
5) Finally, what about school? Want or need?
Graphics courtesy of ArtToday