Famous Winning Streaks in American Sports
The UCLA men's college basketball team won 88 straight games from 1971 to 1974. This still stands as the longest winning streak in American college basketball history.
Winning streaks are common in all sports. Here is a list for some major American sports (amateur and professional):
- College Football: Oklahoma won 47 straight games from 1953 to 1957.
- High School Football: California's De La Salle High School (right) won 151 straight games from 1992 to 2003.
- High School Basketball: Passaic (N.J.) High School won 159 straight games from 1919 to 1925.
- Professional Football: The New England Patriots won 21 straight games from 2003 to 2004.
- Professional Basketball: The Los Angeles Lakers won 33 straight games from 1971 to 1972.
- Professional Hockey: The Pittsburgh Penguins won 17 straight games from 1992 to 1993.
on this site
Sites for Teachers